Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

#1, #2 and #25...

It's been a l o n g time coming...
but I can officially say, that I have framed and hung up pictures of our family in our front foyer!
{insert clapping, whistles, and looks of disgust as you may}

I was scornfully ashamed of the fact that I did not have pictures of my babies around our house.
I was sad that all those pictures of me and the Hub never made it past a CD.

Because lets be honest... I have a ton of pictures.
In a box.
In a closet.
Upstairs.
All alone, in the dark.

Never to be rehashed. Looked at. Remembered.
Just collecting dust.
And taking up space.

Until recently, that is.

I bought a cheapo frame the day after Thanksgiving at Kohls.
I thought it was a good deal for $15.
Turns out.
It is worth about $5.
But.
It will do it's job.

And after finding out from a couponing blog that Walgreens had 25 free 4x6 prints {the frame needed 24}... I decided it was do or die.

I spent a good three hours finding and modifying 24 of my favorite photos on Friday.
Then that evening I opened up the back of the frame and placed the pretties in there.

Next, I got some nails out of the drawer.
Held the picture frame up and tried to make some indentations of where the nail holes should be {this is actually how I hang anything in my house... mirrors, art, ect}
Then hit the head of those nails with none other than a screwdriver.
{What? I couldn't find a hammer! And was too impatient to go look for one.}

Then I picked up the frame again and stepped back to look at my job well... almost done.
The left side seems to be a bit higher than the right.
{According to my Hub's naked eye, that is.}


Looks good to me!

Now of course when baby girl comes in a week and a half or so... I will have to add some sweet memories of her in there too.
Can't wait!

So there you have it.
I have completed three of my 30 before 30 's in one post.
{Cheers!}

Although I am not expecting to be able to clear the list before my birthday occurs... as a lot of the remaining things on there, are just too far beyond reach at this time.

I will strive to do some of the easies before my year ends. Pinkie swear.

Ready to party at my big birthday party this weekend, then I just have to have this baby... the two of which will NOT coincide.
Just in case you were wondering.

Leaping into 2012 already!



No comments:

Post a Comment