Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

One, Two, Three Strikes... You're Out!

Numbered, that is.
Yep.
That's how I feel since giving birth last Tuesday.
Simply... outnumbered.
But I am not overwhelmed by it. {Yet}

I should state that the Hub is a huge help, but that he also went back to work this past Tuesday.
 I finally got to discover what it really meant to be a mother of three.

Insert that song that sings...
All By Myself... Don't Want To Be... All By Myself...

{Just kidding.}

So.
Tuesday was also my birthday.
Yes, it's true. I am now officially, a 30 year old.
The start of a new decade...
{which reminds me of how terrible I was at completing those 30 tasks I so valiantly boasted about doing last March... whoopsie?}

Anyhow, plans for the day included...
Making the 10:30am one week checkup for Nadelyn.
{yes, I gave myself a 3 hour window to get ready to leave the house by 10am... and missed my target by a mere fifteen minutes. Yeah, I totally rocked it.}
Eating a lunch for my birthday with the Hub.
{which happened to be Taco Bell of all places, just to keep the peace between the younger babes. They don't dig much on authentic Mexican food... they are more into the cheap, processed kid friendly kind. Whatev.}
Then later dining out for dinner to celebrate with my family, to include my brother Isaiah {who turned 16 the same day as me}.
 



Insert feelings of being outnumbered here.

Nev had fallen asleep on the way to dinner. And I had to get her out, hold her along with the baby "bucket" as we refer to the car seat, the diaper bag, and my purse while corraling my dear boy into the restaurant.
{I may or may not have called the Hub a jackass upon entrance.}
In any case we made it. And dinner was delicious.
Including the bday cake they give you... which was the real reason I decided to eat there.
We took a few nursing breaks in the car, and managed to skathe through the parking lots unharmed.
So I would consider my first day... a success.
So much so that I feel like in a couple months I will have the confidence to make those trips to the zoo, and the grocery sans the Hub, when the opportunity presents itself. 
And in case anyone was wondering...
The littles love their new sissy.
With frequent requests to hold her, and watch her while she nurses or gets a spongebath. 
They have embraced her presence with gusto.
And have melted this heart of mine into a mush beyond the putty it already was.






Not to mention the Hub.
Our love is strengthened and grows deeper because of our children.
I know it is super cliche to proclaim this, but I am going to do it anyway.
Because we are. Completely blessed by God.
In the coming months you can expect posts about mishaps, funny findings, and maybe a tale or two of some memories I just had to share. Looking forward to a good year.

1 comment:

  1. Love it all, especially about the hub being a jackass. kisses & hugs to you dear Martha

    ReplyDelete