Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Throw me back.

I know it's been a while since I last updated this silly thing. I've been UBER busy. Surprise!


And it got me thinking the other day how I really wish I would have appreciated my teenage years instead of aimlessly running towards the future at a very high rate of speed. I think about how all I wanted to do was to grow up, move out, get my own house, have my own family, go to school, get a good job, buy my own things....

And now that all of those things have come to pass.... I am requesting a throwback.

It's true.
I think the recent desire to be younger again stems from all of the responsibilities I now have as an adult. Not because I am vain and prefer my teenage booty
Okay fine.
I do prefer my teenage behind over my "had two kids, got big but is now smaller and floppier" one.
But I was really talking about my call to duties
You know... the wife.
The mother.
The story reader.
The laundry washer (but not the laundry folder).
The grocery shopper.
The bill payer.
The house keeper.
The project analyst.
The meal planner (which includes the meal maker).
The Realtor.
The property manager (which were the brunt of my obligations these past couple weeks).
The school teacher.
The bedtime wrangler and prayer speaker.
The bottom wiper and toilet trainer.
The errand runner...

But, don't get me wrong. I LOVE being all of those things. I really do. I have essentially gotten everything I have ever prayed for, and more. I am healthy. My family is healthy. I am happy... I am truly blessed.

I guess I am just realizing now, how very fast life can happen and how very quickly it can change.
But everything is always 20/20 in hindsight. Right? 

I just like to think back to when things at least seemed simple.
Of course when you are going through it, nothing seems easy.
But doesn't everyone wish to be a teenager again, if even for just a day?
I mean seriously. You had free range to do whatever (to an extent) you wanted. You could spend your parents money. You had few responsibilities. You had a ton of friends. You came and went and slept away a good portion of the day just because you COULD.

Fast forward ten years and I find that I am dripping in obligations and responsibilities as an adult. And, I blame no one but myself. I apparently prefer it this way...

But. I would love to have the opportunity to spend my grocery money on a distressed pair of cropped jeans from AE, or some adorable flats from Toms, or some chunky, funky accessories from F21 instead of... groceries.
Or have my parents throw me some money to pay for my cell phone bill this month. Or any of my bills this month, honestly.
Or go on a "date" with lover to the movies that isn't a $1 Redbox (that I only get when I actually have a code for a FREE one) in our own living room.
And, I would love to be able to sleep in past 7:30am on ANY day of the week.

Anyone droehming yet?
Of course you are. Who wouldn't love someone else to do their "dirty work" so they can relax or party all day long. Or go shopping. Or just sleep.

Does anyone else see a recurring issue? An underlying plea?
That's right people.
I need some...
sleep!!!!

I will be glad to have a break very soon.
But before then, I need to rent the house, get a contract signed, hopefully get a close date for my HUD file, clean up my house, plant an orchard, make some hairbows for my new flower pot creations, show some houses to a new client, go grocery shopping, make a couple dinners, spend some quality time with my darling's, and make out with lover.

Gotta run...


No comments:

Post a Comment