Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

The IN's and OUT's...

Thats right people... we are talking about the body today. Namely, our son's body. His pee. And of course his poop!
Let me just start off by saying it has been very trying all weekend to get this kid in the mindset that we are no longer wearing diapers. I mean real trying. Trying my patience. Trying my ability to remain happy and upbeat about pee all over the floor for the third time in an hour. Trying to be persuasive with such things as candy and future monster truck purchases.

I mean, at times I am not even sure he knows he has to go... until after he has gone.

He was doing so well to start off. He went poop in the pot the first day and I showered him with praise! I mean down right silliness ensued in that bathroom the first time I saw those darling little logs floating in there! I clapped. I cheered for him. Told him I was sooooooooooo proud. We even called daddy. It was a big deal. He kind of has the poop down. Only one "unders" accident over the weekend. After a bath, of all things.

Day 2 and 3 of this "bootcamp", which by the way is more of a bootcamp for the parent than the child, ends up going fine for the remainder of the three day training session. I however, cannot report that this kid is trained like the booklet suggests he should be. And really not sure if I am any closer to tell the truth.

Over the weekend and today, I don't feel like I was lazy. I made all efforts to get this kid to go on the pot... kicking, screaming, crying and beating the sides of the potty included. Not by me. By Him. He just hates it. He tells me he does. He says it's not fair. I think he would prefer to wear that silly cotton safety net than to grow up and do it the way everyone else does.
A part of me thinks that would totally be easier.

But I also would be letting not only him, but myself down. He has to go. On the pot. And I will continue to make daily sacrifices of not leaving the house, asking the repitious questions of "ready to go yet?", cleaning more laundry than I have in weeks- in the matter of a day's time... and of course just the insane task of following him around instead of doing what I want to during the day. I never realized how much I just enjoyed the time I had when they would let me veg in front of my laptop and read insignificant things while they fought, played and laughed together. Oh how I miss it.

I think I said this last time, but we will get there. I am just hoping sooner than later. I applaud his efforts. And, I love him more and more for who he is becoming.

This is where I leave you with some pictures of our dear boy. Who loves washing his hands even if he doesn't do anything in the bathroom, while singing his ABG's (he doesn't quite have the alphabet down in the right order yet). He is a great kid. Who also enjoys vacuuming!




Look at those little toes tippied to the top so he can reach the sink in the guest bathroom....


2 comments:

  1. good job with the pooping --- that is supposed to be the hardest. anytime I make Dash sit on the potty he acts like he is being tortured and screams like he is in pain. hopefully he will get it soon so you can venture out of the house : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was relieved that he was able to poop in the pot... but feel like my house could definately start taking on smells of urine if he doesn't start getting the pee down. He spot pees worse than a puppy!

    ReplyDelete