Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hockey Games and Homemade Pizza

So we decided to venture out into the frozen tundra last evening... just to watch a mediocre hockey team score five goals against a rather terrible opponent. And, we had a blast! It was seriously so much fun watching Nolan watch the game. He sat in the fold down chair and ate an entire bag of Skittles while the opening activities unfolded. The lights flashed. The music was loud. The national anthem was sang brilliantly. And a fight broke out in the very first minutes of the first quarter. It was everything I remembered the Komet hockey games to be and probably more now because I was sharing it with my own family. 
I just hope that next time I will be able to feed the kids before we leave the house so we don't spend $20 on junk food at an overpriced, sub par vendor and still make a stop at Taco Bell on the way home.

I had planned to make a homemade pizza before we left, but time escaped me later in the day yesterday trying to find out about my HUD file. I was on hold for 45 minutes alone!! When the hubs got home at 5pm I was talking to the buyer and the lender... with no pizza in sight! And we were supposed to be leaving at 6:15! I still hadn't even taken a shower!
So I threw together this simple crust recipe:

3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 .25oz Package Dry Active Yeast
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
1 cup warm water
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil

Combine the flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Add the water and the vegetable oil. Roll out onto a pizza pan. Add your toppings. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. 
I baked it for 5 minutes before topping the pizza and putting it back in to bake for 20-25 more minutes. Seems like enough time right?

Well I showered, got dressed and came out to see what the pizza was looking like...... and found that it was not even close. The toppings were done, but the crust... well lets just say it was pulling apart like the melted cheese! Completely raw. What the heck! We have to go!

Scrambling to get the diaper bag ready, I just threw my hands in the air and said we would eat at the game. The kids by this time were just starving!Nolan was throwing a fit because he wanted to eat the pizza. Nevaly was crying and refusing to get her coat on. And I don't blame them, the last time we ate was 11am! Even my belly was grumbling! I felt terrible. I hoped being at the game would make up for it. And, I suppose it did.

Nolan woke up this morning and asked if we were going to another hockey game tonight. So all in all I think it was a fantastic experience, that will probably happen again soon.

Here's a couple pics of the evening:













Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment