Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

'30 Before 30'

Late yesterday afternoon, I stumbled upon a blog that was completely new to me called Positively Splendid.
I think the thing I loved most of all was a little series she recently did called Thirty before 30. Besides the fact that Amy was gorgeously crafty.... I just loved the idea of making a list of things, whether grandiose or mundane, that I wanted to do before I hit the big 3-0.
If you remember back in January, I described how I felt about turning 29. And was already on this 30 before 30 mindset, without even knowing it existed.
Just type the phrase "30 before 30" into any search engine, and you'll be inundated with matches. 
Suddenly it was like the light was shining through the trees. Which is a metaphor for my perfectly tucked away little brain realizing just how cool this is!
So I am going to make a quick list of things that come to my mind that I wish to accomplish this year.
And while I am at it, I might as well make them public. So here goes...
1. Frame family photos.
2. Hang them up.
3. Visit Key West as a family.
4. Attend a country concert.
5. Take my boards and pass.
6. Learn the art of canning.
7. Make window treatments for our bedroom.
8. Attend church.
9. Learn Spanish.
10. Grow and eat my own food.
11. Take a candelit bath with lover.
12. Eat breakfast in bed.
13. Fall asleep under the stars.
14. Go camping in a tent.
15. Make out with lover in the rain.
16. Go see a drive in movie with the kids.
17. Make bread from scratch.
18. Hug a tree.
19. Swim in a lazy river.
20. Eat something I have never tried before.
21. Organize the outgrown baby clothes.
22. Sing loudly in the car with the windows down.
23. Grow my nails out and paint them cranberry.
24. Wake up before the sunrise and make breakfast.
25. Take a family picture.
26. Get dressed up to go to the grocery store.
27. Go on an overnight date with lover.
28. Kill and prepare an animal for eating.
29. Redo the kitchen floors.
30. Plant an orchard.
I guess that's a good start.
I could think of ten more things right now, but should probably take aim at crossing these off first.
I expect to be be able to post about each experience as they unfold. And will post these in my side bar as a constant reminder.
I have little less than a year to fulfill my new quests...
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment