Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Oh BABY!

Well, we made it to Friday!!

So very proud of my family this week. We all endured my home cooked meals. Rob ate a packed lunch everyday. We gave up pop. I struggled yesterday with being pleasant, and I think it was due mainly to the fact that I didn't have the caffeine. I never thought I was one of those people who HAD to have a pop, but maybe I was. The headache is gone. The cravings subsiding. Our juice consumption has at least tripled this week. I made a new gallon everyday. Sometimes twice. Normally just the kids would have juice, but now I find myself having a glass with my meals too.
I was laughing at Rob last night who kept trying to find something else to eat. It was leftover night so we could use up the fajitas and mastaciolli we had. He kept opening the fridge and saying, "we have no food!" Laughingly I told him, "I know. We actually ate it all this week." Which will probably prompt a larger grocery bill next week to replenish things we have had that we finally used up. Good for us! Glad we stuck to it and made it through most of the week. The weekend is where I can see us reverting to old habits. Hopefully we have the willpower.

I got really motivated on Wednesday to reorganize our storage area in the unfinished side of the basement. I had taken down the Christmas tree and all the decorations and found myself wanting to really put it away right since we wouldn't be using it again for a whole year. So I swept the floors and went through the boxes from the attic at the old house and put it all away nicely under the stairs. I came across a box from the attic that had some old baseball cards, a picture of my sweet little grandma, Delilah who had recently passed away, and also about five Cabbage Patch babies!!! I dusted it off and handed it to Nevaly. She smooshed it and then toddled away with it. I got out another and another and wiped the dirt and dust off of it. It brought back a flood of memories! I absolutely adored my babies growing up and was so happy to be able to share them with Nevaly now. She kept putting them back and forth from a push around car to her old carseat and then sitting right on top of them. It was darling! Later I washed them in the washing machine for her since they had been in a box for a couple of years. They were fresh out of the dryer when I snapped my daily pic... or two.
And, if these pictures are any indication:
I think they are in good hands :)



 Giving the baby some FRENCHies! LOL!

Just Melts my Heart!

I hope everyone has a good weekend! I know I am going to try. Really wanting to cut my hair. Hoping I get the chance to either Saturday or Sunday. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Martha I LOVE this post!! Those pics are GREAT!! I think that last baby was mine? Was Nate's Emery in the box? What about Irma?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Christine was yours Lydia. Emery and Irma are out at Rex's still... along with all the Barbies!!! Can't wait to share those with her someday too.

    ReplyDelete