Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lazy day but a GREAT dinner!

Hi all!

Today has been such a lazy day. I have slight neck and back pain that just won't go away. I am hoping it is nothing, but think I could be victim to yet another cold sore very soon. I have had two break outs in the last three weeks. For those of you you who don't know... I usually get cold sores instead of getting sick. I am almost NEVER sick, therefore, can spring a cold sore (or ten) about twenty times a year. I don't really know which I would prefer.

Update on the pop situation. Yesterday.... I failed. I drank the last two cokes we had in the house. I told Rob though, "out of sight... out of mind." I couldn't surely pour them down the drain, that is WASTING :)
Today, I drank the last Red Pop. There is no more. I swear I do not have a secret stash. I guess this is for real now. Rob has been without pop for almost three days now. He started Sunday. I will let you know how Wednesday goes for me.

I made Mostaciolli for dinner tonight, and thought I might as well share the recipe.
I always make my own pasta sauce. It is nearly the same for lasagna, spaghetti or mostaciolli. Take it down if you desire... I can see it going world famous someday ;)

Baked Mastaciolli:
Yield: 13-15 servings (I know this is a lot but I absolutely love leftover pasta)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients: FOR SAUCE
1lb ground beef
1/2lb hot sausage (I use Bob Evans usually)
1/2 Large Onion chopped
8-10 Medium to Large Bella Mushrooms chopped
1 28oz can Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 28oz can Tomato Sauce
1 6oz can tomato paste
1/8t garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves minced (powder seems to be more powerful than cloves- it honestly varies for me)
1/2t fennel seeds
1/4t black pepper
1t italian seasoning
1 1/2t  dried basil
1t salt
2T parsley
1T granulated sugar
1/4C water
12oz shredded mozzarella
1/4C parmesan cheese grated
Optional: package of pepperoni
1 16oz box Mostaciolli noodles

Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium saute pan, brown the beef and sausage together. Add the onion, bella mushrooms, and minced garlic (if you did cloves instead of powder). Drain the meat. Add the basil, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, fennel seeds, sugar, parsley, tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and water. Stir. Let it come to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil your water for the noodles and don't forget to salt your water. Cook the noodles for 10-12 minutes until just past al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water so they don't stick, then toss them in a large mixing bowl.
Pour the sauce over the noodles and combine it all together. Add 1/2 of the parmesan cheese and 8oz of the shredded mozzarella. Combine. I usually add the pepperoni, but didn't have any tonight. Good with. Good without. 
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray then put it in the oven for 15 minutes. t Top with the remaining 4oz of shredded mozzarella and the parmesan cheese and bake for another 5 minutes to let it melt.
Serve HOT!
That's It!

Muy delicioso!



Until next time...

1 comment: