Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

A Birthday Mash!

This past weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday! She turned 54 on Saturday!! Happy Birthday to you again Momma!
We traveled to Leo to enjoy a pizza by the yard dinner and cake. For those of you who have never had pizza by the yard..... you are missing out! My husband would try to convince you otherwise... but it is simply fantastic. A family treasure :) We ate almost four loaves between us all! If I get time, I will post the recipe.

My birthday is in another week, and I am still trying to decide what I should expect from my last year as a 20 something. I can't believe how fast the world turns sometimes. It doesn't seem THAT long ago I was playing Barbies and babies, riding bikes, and trying to figure out what being pretty really meant. Standing in front of the mirror to experiment with makeup, and hoping I get asked to a formal dance. Hanging out with high school girlfriends and sleeping over to talk into the night. I feel like for a great deal of my life I have been the same person. You just learn as you grow.

As Rob and I age together, I somehow still see him as the same person I knew our senior year of high school. Like I know I am 28 but I still think the same as I did when I was 22, or 17. I don't feel older. I of course know much more about Rob now, but we still enjoy the same things as we did when we were in our teens with less time to do them. And just like turning 29, I can't believe we have been together for 11 years!!! That in itself is amazing to me. But it also makes me sad.
I once made him a framed collage of words for an anniversary and ended by saying, " even an eternity doesn't seem that long with you". And it still rings so true. I wish there was more time in a day and a person's life. Some people don't wish to live an extremely long life because they are not the way they used to be, or because their body gives out on them, ect.... I however, pray for a very long, happy marriage with my husband. I pray that God grants us a long life together, where we find ourselves at 80 or 90 still holding each other's hands and kissing each other good night.

So, I think I have just decided that my goal for my last 20 something year is to really make it count (how original). Make everyday something special.

I want to be Grateful for everything. Every moment.
And be Happy.
And live Spontaneously.
 I want to pray Out Loud.
And eat Divine food.
And have some really good beverages.
I want to turn the TV to the music channels and just dance.... on a Monday night.
I want to let my fingers find the pages of a children's book, as they sit on either side of me just listening.
French kiss my Husband when he least expects it.
Take my Boards(and pass!).
Be patient.
And silly.
Become wickedly crafty.
Tone my legs.
Grow my fingernails so I can paint them.
Travel as many times as we can afford to this year.
Belly laugh.
And LOVE rediculously.








Just some silly shots I did while the kids were sleeping. And yes, I amuse myself.

Until next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment