Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Birthday Cake and Ski Slopes!

As many of you know, we went skiing this past weekend with 16 of our friends. It was a much anticipated annual trip to Boyne that turned out to be as much fun as in years past. Started with a four car caravan. Which progressively became an almost five hour high speed, walkie talkie trash talking, minimal stop car ride. We made good time.
Got to the house and it started to flurry. Found out we were expecting between 8-12 inches that night! It was so fluffy and white coming down. Very pretty. Thursday night skiing was no doubt the greatest time I have probably ever had on the slopes, regardless of the fact that I wiped out in a powder drift and smacked my head on the ground. It was almost magical. It was snowing so hard at times you couldn't see the tree line or the lift hut. I really felt like I was skiing on a huge mountain out in Colorado. Which reminds me... I hope we really do get to go out there someday to ski. I would love to experience a mountain that takes 20 minutes to go up and an hour to come down.
Friday skiing was much different. They had combed all the middle runs and it was much faster. Cold. And fast. Froze my digits even while wearing three gloves and three pairs of socks!! Spent most of the day outside.
Friday night we all stayed up late to play hot tub truth or dare, beer/Pitron pong, and have a dance party to the TV radio.
Saturday came quickly. Last day to ski. Rob and I went out two seperate times with a total of about five hours being spent skiing and sitting in the warming huts or the lodge. It was getting a lot colder because the sun wasn't out and it was windy. But I can honestly say, I love to ski. I love that my husband loves to ski.
Heck, I love that we have a group of friends that love to ski!
All in all the weekend was a total hit. With beer, good food, the occasional spat, some nakedness, overall crude behavior disguised as jokes, warming hut conversations, raunchy telephone games at dinner, adult telestrations, labor stories and future babies, new friendships, 14 inches of snow, swimming pool sized hot tubs, and negative degree weather... I don't think you could ask for anything better. Oh, and I wanted to also point out that we had the opportunity to drink pop the whole time and never surrendered to the temptation! Yah for us! I guess...




We raced home Sunday to our children who had been so graciously cared for by Rob's sister Solitaire. We had missed them so much. It was nice being away but we were ready to shower them with hugs and kisses and to sleep in our own beds again. Nevaly has literally been at my hip ever since. We have never been without them since either was born... but it really took a toll on Nev. Poor girl. She must think if we go anywhere that she is staying and I am going, because she will NOT let me put her down. Hopefully this anxiety subsides soon... or I am going to have Popeye arms really soon!

Yesterday was my 29th birthday. I couldn't escape yet another year of having a cold sore on my flippin face, unfortunately. Seriously? Last year I had one for my birthday, and I'm sure every single year before that. But I went out to lunch regardless and enjoyed chicken fajitas from Cebolla's with my family, my sister and her three children. Then went out to Leo to share my birthday with my brother Isaiah, who turned 15 yesterday also. We are twins... just 14 years apart. Had beef stroganoff (which was very delicious Mom!! Thanks again!) and ice cream cake from DQ. Then, came home to a house that still needed organized from all the hats, gloves, laundry and diapers strewn all over the foyer and living room :) I think the skis are still in the back of Rob's truck too!



Had a pretty lazy Tuesday. Spent most of the day on the phone or computer piecing together parts of my HUD file that hopefully closes within the next couple weeks. Fingers crossed. Will be so glad for them and myself when we finally sign papers to take ownership!
I really need to go paint the new rental this week, and clean up brush/branches at another... but am lacking any sort of motivation and feel like Nevaly will have to be held in order to cope with her new found anxious behavior. Hopefully tomorrow when I wake up I have the gusto to do some work. I did clean up the mess of clothes/gear today though. And make chicken and dumplings for dinner! Ready to cuddle on the couch with Rob after he gets home from playing racquetball tonight.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment