Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

It's a Wrap...

We spent the weekend with some friends, family, and soda pop. Yeah, you read that right. It actually started Thursday night. The hub for some unknown reason decided to purchase a Pepsi at Walgreens on the way home from getting a Redbox. (We finally watched Inception together... although he fell asleep ten minutes before it ended. I thought it was hard to follow at first, but the ending makes for a good movie overall.)
Anyhow, Thursday night he tells me that there is a Pepsi in the freezer. Which of course, I think he is joking. Who puts a pop in the freezer? Let alone a Pepsi. Because I like coke :) But I go and look, and to my dismay there is actually a POP in the freezer! I ask him why he bought it and he explains that he knew I wanted it. What??? I haven't really thought about having pop until... Thursday afternoon. I was at Subway with the kids before a real estate auction and was telling him how I put my cup under the pop machine spout and seriously contemplated filling it up, but got tea instead. He was apparently reading into my desire to have some soda and thought he would play DEVIL and go and buy one on the way home. I surrendered. I did. I took a very big sip of that ice cold Pepsi! But the taste was not as satisfying as I had thought it was going to be. {hangs head in shame} What?
You wouldn't have done it? I have said all along "out of sight ~ out of mind". We have not had pop in our house since we started this thing the beginning of January. Why would someone bring such evil into this house and expect another human being not to partake?! Well, because honestly... Rob wanted the pop. He took about eight BIG drinks of that bottle! He would sneak into the kitchen, pry open the fridge and hide behind the door to take long swigs!
Feeling remorseful, on Friday, we got tea when we ate lunch at Arby's. Yes, I know. We failed yet another catergory of our goal system for this year... eating out for only ONE meal a week. Ever since we went skiing, we have spent stupid money. Lunches, a couple dinners. It's been terrible. We have fallen off the wagon people! 

Saturday we had friends over. They live in Ohio and we don't see them often. We had a nice little lasagna lunch date at our house with two of their three children. Nolan ended up falling asleep on the couch midway through their visit??? Weird because that kid never runs out of gas. They were enlightened with his favorite movie 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' before he passed out.
They have a 20m old boy named Evan who really started to get comfortable... just as they were leaving. Running around our house like a car on a speed track. He was so darn cute! They also have a little girl, Julia, who is 4m old and just loves to smile. She's a doll. They had dinner plans that eve for Ben's birthday so they only stayed for a couple hours. They left as quickly as they came. But not before the kiddos ate the frosting off some cupcakes they had brought over.


Brothers? No, just friends. Hubs on the left. Ben on the right. 
 Aura and myself.
Cute as a cupcake! Evan.


Saturday evening then we hurried over to the Orchid for Gracie's 11th birthday party to cook pancakes, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and sausage gravy and bisquits. Yes, the girl wanted breakfast for dinner~ and it was a total hit with all the kids who came!
Her party was uber fun.
Nolan seriously ran around the ENTIRE time. Ate candy, cupcakes, popcorn, sausage and more candy. He adores playing with all his cousins, and doesn't mind if there are kids he DOESN'T know. He is naturally a little socialite. Whereas Nevaly sat in my lap for most of the party. She is shy around a bunch of people, even if she knows them. She ate some fruit, but more less wanted only candy. We came home and collapsed on our bed... all of us. Seriously? It was 9:15pm on a Saturday and we were ready to crash? Okay, good night! I didn't complain.

Got up Sunday and we decided we would hit up Buffalo Wings and Ribs for lunch and then go to the grocery. Here is were the second pop episode erupted. They have a fantastic Sunday special where you get 25 wings, 2 large fries and a side of celery and blue cheese for $20. You can add $3 for a pitcher of beer... or pop. So Rob orders a pitcher of Pepsi for us! I couldn't believe it. I was going to willingly have to slurp down more of the delicious, brown, fizz infused creation. And we both did. The kids got lemonade. We didn't have pop for dinner, but we talked about it. How we would just have pop on the weekends.... right. We all know that will filter into having pop for "just" dinner and soon we will be back to buying it at the grocery and taking it in our lunch and slurping it before bed with salty snacks! Ahhhhhhh! I can't say I am disappointed. I'm surprised we went this long actually. But at this point I am calling Operation: No POp! a wrap :(
Hoping we can get ourselves back on track this week. I packed Rob's lunch today and we don't intend to go out to eat again until Friday. I don't have pop in the house, so as long as we don't secretly buy some... Rob, I think we should be fine.

We (the kiddos and I) are headed to go paint today before all the blizzard like conditions hit. I really hope we get as much snow as they have forecasted! I seriously love being shut in :)

I'll leave you with a couple pics I took over the weekend. Not doing GREAT with the project 365, where I take a picture a day... but I am taking a lot more lately. So I am at least happy about that. Randomness at your finest.

 Nevaly fell asleep on me Friday night. Pretty sweet.
Pig tails! Simply adorable.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment