Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another Day, Another Dollar

We made pizza Tuesday night. The kids loved it. I usually only let Nolan on the counter to help, but Nevaly was totally into checking out what was going on, so I let her sit up there and watch as I mixed the dough together. Some pretty cute pics ensued.



Nolan was using his binoculars to get a better look ; )

Running errands today proved to be more stressful than usual. Chasing tenants for money is never any fun. Some of the reasons why rental properties can be a total drag. After driving about and finding this all out, I drive to the new rental to begin painting today. I brought the radio. And, Nolan's pint sized roller so he could "help". And, some toys for sis to engage in while I try and get at least a couple walls coated. I am driving down the street to the property and realize, I don't have the key to unlock the front door. Some thoughts crossed my little brain... should I try and pry the window open? Should I call Rob and have him get our spare from the plumber? Or should I just take this incident in stride, call the entire afternoon a wash and drive home to throw a frickin chicken in the oven so we can have dinner before going to the Y tonight?! (input Veruka Salt  from Willy Wonka singing: "and if I don't get the things I am after.... I'm going to.... SCREAAAAAAMMMMMMM.")

Now that I am home, I realized it is much better that things happened the way that they did. I got to come home to neverending piles of laundry, a sink full of dishes, and cracker crumbled/dust covered carpet that is in constant need of sweeping. So to escape what awaits me I am making calls to the title company about a closing that still has no whereabouts of the file or even a close date yet... don't get me started there!
Just trying to find motivation before the husband gets home to make it appear I have been uber busy today :)

Headed to the Y tonight- for sure this time! Tuseday proved to be more of a hassle for a 1 hour dip in the pool than it should be so we stayed home instead. Rob has been more dedicated to fulfilling his self promise to hit the gym than I have. But I also have two kiddos in tow at all hours... which is a workout in itself. I took them both with me to the mall last eve because Rob plays basketball on Wednesday nights... and they were for the most part VERY well behaved. Nolan danced his entire way through American Eagle and had all the teenage girls ooing and ahhing his every move, while Nevaly climbed up on the store couches next to complete strangers and just looked at them. Happy to say I scored some pretty good buys on their winter clearance racks.
I also got some really adorable peep toe animal print shoes for Nev at Baby Gap for $4 (originally $30). I put them on her this morning after her bath. So dang cute.
Kept telling her she looked "soooooo pretty!" She would just smile and me and then try to get them off. They are a size 5 and a little big, but come spring time/summer- watch out!






Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment