Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

39 weeks {tick tick tick}

Well, as scheduled, we ventured to our 39th week appointment today.
I was five minutes late checking in.
Hey. It's gonna happen sometimes with three babes in tow, no? 
Even if it has nothing to do with them being the cause of tardiness, I will use it as an excuse every time. 
Today though, this momma {yes me} took her sweet time getting ready to leave the house before I realized I only had ten minutes to get there, and it is easily a fifteen minute drive even if I race all the way there.
Flying over the hills of our country road is not nearly as fun as an almost full term prego.

But.
We made it.
Checked in.
Five minutes after our scheduled arrival.
Then, waited to be seen.

Nadie did pretty good in the office. Not nearly as much crying as usual.
Which helped the twenty or so minutes we sat in the room before my doctor came in.
I explained all that had occurred within the past couple days.
Most important, that I thought he was breech. 
But also that I had intense pelvic pain the other night in bed.
And that I have had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions.

So without wasting any time, she checked to verify position.
And my cervix.
She smiled at me, snapping her gloves off and throwing them in the trash.
"No question, he is head down."
{Elation!!!}

I can breath a sigh of relief knowing that at least.
And, apparently Braxton Hicks are not indicative of a very near delivery for this momma because I am only dilated to 1.5 {maybe 2} cm per my OB. I was 1cm last Friday...
Which is totally fine.
We wanted a July baby.
Before I left we discussed induction, and how far I wanted to go before they interceded.
I have said from the beginning that I really want to go into labor on my own this time.
 And, I am prepared to go as long as this baby is not too big that I end up in a c section.
My Sweet has a birthday on July 15th, and I joked with him, that Nash was getting close to crashing his party. Which I don't really think is a possibility. As I think I will finally get to experience labor before that.
So for now, I am just letting the tide roll, so to speak. Let things be. As they should.
I am looking forward to this next week, and being at the lake for fireworks, family and fun next weekend...
as a 40 week preggie.



The Stats:

Weeks: 39
 Gender: BOY!!
Position: Head down! With reassurance from my OB that he is "wedged" in there and not expected to flip.
Dilated: 2cm.
Aversions: Same as they have been...
Cravings: Ice. I even told My Sweet the other day, one thing I am looking forward to about labor and being at the hospital, aside from the obvious, is that I can have all the crunchy ice I want! 
It's the little things...
Complaints: Braxton hicks contractions. Just like last week, just more.
Heartburn: Of course.
Weight: 170
 Gain: 40 pounds! Hit my mark. Met my match. Bottomed out. With a week to go.
Name: Nash Ryan. Nolan actually asked if we could change his middle name to Billy today at the doctor. Say what?!
These kids crack me up.
And, no. His middle name will not be Billy.

Belly pic:


Next appointment on Monday, July 8th. Due to holiday scheduling...
Will officially be overdue at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment