Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

State of 38

38 weeks.
And, I have officially hit the state of pregnancy when I start to freak out about analyze everything.

Like, take for instance how I was weeding the garden on Thursday afternoon.
And after sitting down, scooting along the row, bending, kneeling, and squatting for a good hour and a half in the hot afternoon sun... I started to feel what might have been contractions.
They were a mostly constant lower belly pain.
Is that a contraction?
And they weren't going away.

So, I got up and went inside for a big glass of water, with an equal amount of ice.
Then came back outside to watch the kids run through the sprinkler, while I sat in the swivel chair and sipped on said water.
The "contractions" or lower belly pain went away within about ten minutes.
But it got me thinking how if I really were to go into labor...  how I didn't have things in order yet.

The bassinet pad needed washed.
The car seat that I have used for every baby up to this point... needed scoured.
I needed to wash the baby clothes I sorted through a couple weeks ago now, and actually put them away.
I needed to have a video camera, photo camera, and hospital bag... packed.
I needed to go buy and fill out a baby book still. {gasp!!!}

Anyways.
I went to my OB appointment yesterday, with just Nolan in tow.
My Sweet took the girls down the road for an iced tea, while I went in.
Which was nice for the mere fact that Nadie HATES the doctor.
No crying. No pulling at my clothes like a lifeline on the exam table while I get my blood pressure checked. No chasing her through the lobby before check out.
Nice.

What was supposed to be an easy in and out appointment took nearly fifty minutes because my doctor was running behind....
I read an entire bible stories book to Nolan while we waited, went through their tub of stickers {twice} and picked out a small collection of monkeys, arches, hearts and a hippo one for sis, and even went to the bathroom before my doctor came in to ask how things were.

I feel the same as I did at 12 weeks actually.
{Well, except for the obvious... bigger.}
But nothing in the order of impending labor.

So she pretty much slaps me on the rear and we are out of there.
We ended up at the lake for the first official day of summer.
The water was refreshing.
The sun was warm.
The kids adore the lake, just as I did as a kid.
Little fish they are.
After wading in the water for over an hour, Nev ended up with a leech.
Poor girl screamed like it took her leg off.
Her daddy to the rescue... just flicked it into the grass. And she was fine.
But later asked if bugs in the water go to sleep when the sun goes away, because she wanted to swim again.

Here are the 38 week stats.

Weeks: 38
Gender: BOY!!
Position: Head down!
Dilated: 1cm.
Aversions: Same as they have been...
Cravings: Ice.
Complaints: Braxton hicks contractions. Just like last week. They take my breath away and make me slightly anxious. Like I am trapped in my own skin that is closing in around me, type of anxious. Heartburn is raging at it's very worst. Woke me up twice this last week in the middle of the night because I had turned onto my right side, which allows all the reflux to act like fire in my throat. So I pace the house for thirty minutes, looking out the front window, the back window, eating chips of ice...
Heartburn: Did you read that last part?
Weight: 169
Gain: 39 pounds! How I gained 2 pounds in a week... who knows. But all I know is I have two weeks left. And ONE pound left before this momma officially tips the scale of my allowable 40. Whoopsie?
Name: Nash Ryan. Which if you ask Nev, it's Nashy.

Belly pic:


See ya in a week!
Or before... if I get the urge to ramble about something besides this pregnancy.





No comments:

Post a Comment