Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What the flip?!

This is serious.
And by serious, I mean a problem.
And by a problem, I mean a full blown emergency.

I don"t go to the doctor until Friday.
I am just shy of 39 weeks.
{38 weeks 4 days to be exact}

And, I am almost certain that last night while I was up roaming the house at my normal 3am ice check, I felt what was this baby's head in my ribs!!!!

Let me just start out by taking you through my moment of panic as I probed my belly for a size estimate as I laid back down on our bed.
Yep. 
Feels round. 
About the size of my palm. 
It is hard. Not soft like a tushie should feel.


Okay.
Breathe.
 {breathing is becoming rapid now, and I am suddenly very warm}
I go back to smushing my belly here. And pressing there.
Which he does not like.
And is starting to move around a lot.
 

My Sweet sits up in bed and asks if I am okay.
No.
No I am not.
If this baby is now breech, after being head down for months, I am going to flip.


Monday and yesterday both I have had braxton hicks contractions, with some frequency. Not necessarily intense though.
He had been moving like crazy all day Monday.
And moving around a bunch yesterday, but nothing like Monday, when I felt like he was pushing on my sides all day. 
Never even thought to exercise the idea of him turning.
Why would I?
Most babies are readying for delivery at this stage.
You know, planning their exit.
Not doing flips.
And causing extreme anxiety in their momma, over a possible c section in the very near future.
 
So, anyways My Sweet suggests calling the doctor in the morning. 
 

Yes.
Call the doctor.
I got up and called right then actually {which was now almost 3:40am} to see what the hours of operation were for non emergency related questions.
Even though clearly, this was an emergency. Of epic proportion.

I feel sick to my {big} stomach.
Thinking this could even be a possibility.
I mean.
What the flip{?!} is this kid thinking? 

And, although I didn't get up and head to the doctor's office first thing this morning, because I felt like maybe I was being paranoid and because I didn't feel the hard round mass when I was up on my feet...
I really pray that I am wrong.
 
 
But who doesn't know their own body, right?
 
 
Anyways.
Babies can still turn. 
If he had enough room to do it now, he has enough to go back.

 
 I will keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment