Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Cold FORTY!

So.
As mentioned, we {the kids and my Sweet!} went to the doctor this afternoon.

I had excitement written all over my face as I paid the last bill upon check in.
We made it!
We were finally at the end.

{Or, so I thought}

Of course there is a BIG bill still to come, but I was more talking about the end of this pregnancy.
 
I was very much looking forward to finally giving my Sweet that call. Even though he was present at the appt today...
The one where I scare him into racing home from work calmly let him know that my contractions are five minutes apart.
 That the bags we have had packed for going on two weeks now, can finally go in the car.
That the kids are finally going to get to see what their brother looks like.
And, if he has dark hair like they did, or red this time like me.
That we can finally bring home our newest bundle and start to transition into a family of six.
That I can wear something other than knit.
 You know... thee end.

But after weigh in, and a check up by my favorite nurse practitioner today... I am feeling no closer to the end, than I did two weeks ago. {sigh}
She was much more personal with me than my OB.
And I really liked that part.
I did not like that she shot my idea of birthing my little horse anytime soon.

She let me in on the fact that I was still 2cm.
And that he was ballotable.
{WHAT?!}
You mean this kid still has room to bounce around?!!!!
{meanwhile, my knit pants and shirts are becoming less forgiving}


Disappointment set in.
The idea of yet another induction hit me like a ton of bricks.
My hopes were sunk.
I no longer had that smile I came into the office with.

Don't get me wrong, there are perks to induction.
1. You can schedule it.
2. You can prepare mentally for it.
3. You have control of PICKING your kids birthday.
4. You can make arrangements for caregivers of the other children.
5. You can start the pit and get an epidural at the same time if you want to.

But, this time around I had my mind set on something different.
Besides going into labor on my own, I wanted Nash to pick his birthday.
{I know. I am weird.}

Lots of things surround the decision to induce this time. Including the aforementioned, my Sweet's birthday is this next Monday.
We could induce on that day.
We have talked about how it would be neat to share the same birthday {as father and son}.
There are a lot of shared birthdays already in our families.
I actually share mine with my brother. Fourteen years apart.
And while none of our other children share theirs with anyone on either side, and my husband has had the entire month to himself until now... I am just not sure if choosing to have the same birthday for them is the right thing to do.

But thankfully, we probably have the whole week to decide.

Anyways.
Here are the latest STATS:

Weeks: 40!!!
 Gender: BOY!!
Position: Head down and NOT engaged.
Dilated: 2cm.
Aversions: Same as they have been...
Cravings: Ice.
 Complaints: Did you read above?
Heartburn: Of course. I even bought MORE Tums the other day when I realized we were going to be overdue.
Weight: 170. Some of the good news I got today was that I at least maintained my weight from last week.
 Gain: 40 pounds.
Name: Nash Ryan
 

Belly pic:
 
 
I am scheduled to see my doctor on Friday of this week.
Induction will be discussed.
And probably scheduled.

It is my mindset in the last days of pregnancy to lean towards what is going to be easiest.
I have been induced three times.
Please pray for me.
Mostly for patience.

But also, that I would do what is good and right.
For our family.
For Nash.
For myself.

Until then...



1 comment:

  1. Hang in there my dear...as you know Nash will be worth it. Aunt Carole

    ReplyDelete