Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Oh, poop!

Today's appointment was not exactly what I was hoping for.
Luckily, my Sweet met me there after an early morning appointment, which made having Nadie shriek through my Non Stress Test a little less... stressful.
Anyways.
The ultrasound revealed that my amniotic fluid levels are pretty low.
And there were these black masses or pockets that filled up any empty space that was left.
What's that you say, ultrasound tech?


Oh... poop!
That's right.
My dear boy has already passed meconium.
In the bag.
And was practicing his breathing already. Diaphragm moving in and out.



Our first son, Nolan also passed meconium in the bag, and we had to have the Respiratory team in the delivery room to suction him pretty good. He was grunting and having retractions for a good two hours after delivery.
But thankfully, he did not develop a respiratory infection or pneumonia.

So.
I went to the exam room after all that and waited to see what the Nurse Practitioner thought while they hooked me up to a Non Stress Test machine {which he passed without any decelerations in his heart rate as I had mild contractions}, and because they couldn't get a hold of my OB, they asked the on call doctor to evaluate the ultrasound findings.
I was prepared to call my mom and tell her we would be dropping the littles off in the next couple hours, because we were going to be induced today.
But the on call doctor said, there was little worry in letting me wait until next week.
{whew! I felt slightly better.}
I say next week because my OB only induces on Tuesdays.
I would likely come in Monday night to have some meds administered to soften my cervix, since it was also revealed today that I am still 2cm, and he is still sitting high.
She did not say he was ballotable.
So maybe he is a -2 station or something.
But still pretty firm, and not really dilated.


Regardless.
I am scheduled to see my OB in the morning.
Early.
{I'll let you know how that goes with all three littles! I see donut bribery already in the future.}
 I am looking for a vote of confidence that it is a-okay to wait. 
And if I don't feel it... this momma will be headed to a delivery room tomorrow. 


Eager to finally post the outcome, with a schedule of approximate delivery.

Pray for us.
Especially Nash, given the findings.
I will update as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment