Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

We planted...

Our garden.
Is planted.

After three days of being outside and raking the tilled ground we have out back, we made rows and sowed seeds. Nolan planted corn, zucchini, and garlic.
Nev planted green beans.
Nadie threw dirt. And trampled my rows with her little bare feet.

We have tomato, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, broccoli, and pumpkin starts sprouting from the dirt.

I planted the carrots.
Potatoes.
Yellow squash.
Cucumbers.
And, cilantro.
 
We put our blueberry plants in the raised bed up by the house.
 
I have yet to put in watermelon.
Eggplant.
And my celery and romaine starts from the kitchen.
And onion, as I use them. Since you just lop off the top 1 1/2" of the onion and plant it, I will be recycling from the kitchen, just like the celery and romaine.
 
Very enthusiastic about the garden this year.
Have paid great attention to companion plants, and procedure this year.
And am hoping for a productive harvest all summer into fall.
 
Anyone else put their green thumb to work recently?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment