Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ketchup.

Ketchup.
Catsup.
Whatever it is.
It makes my youngest go bananas for just about anything you dip in it.

Like tonight for instance.
I made a beef roast.
Not the kids favorite, if I am being honest. But we are not a short order restaurant around here.
And, My Sweet and I enjoy a good adult meal every once in a while...


Nev will eat the heck out of all the carrots.
Nolan will eat any sides that accompany it, like cottage cheese or fresh orange slices.
And Nadie... well, until I got the ketchup out and squirted some on her plate, she was yelling at me with great displeasure at the meal I had placed in front of her.

I took a carrot and said "dip" to her.
She picked it up with her pudgy little fingers, and dipped the carrot in. Immersing it in the red "miracle" sauce.
"Bites" I told her.
And, that was it.
They were gone before I knew it.

I have never had a child I had to disguise food with ketchup before, but I am not ashamed to allow it to continue... 
into her teens.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment