Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Getting DOWN with #4!!

33 week appointment in the history books! Seven weeks to go!
{exhale.......}

I was reading Curious George Goes to the Chocolate Factory to the children, when the nurse called me to come back.
I gathered up the kids, and we marched to the scale.
First up, weigh in!

I set Nadie down.
And then my purse.
Then I removed my cardigan.
Then my right sandal, as I balanced my hand on the wall so I didn't tip over {literally}.
The nurse kind of looked at me like I was crazy. 

I gave her a quick smile, "I don't have a scale in my house... so I am trying to be as accurate as possible."
"That's fine..." she said, patiently waiting as I removed my left sandal.
Just as I was getting ready to step on...
My OB, who was sitting around the corner, proceeded to ask me if I had done all the typical pregnant weigh in tactics. Like taking off as much clothing as possible. {check} Shoes. {check} Emptying the bladder... {be right back!}
I emptied with Nadie in tow.
Came back, and laughed about how silly I was to the nurse again. 
{I had told My Sweet before he left this morning that I was probably going to tip the scale today! And that was NOT something to laugh about. Especially since I had seven more weeks to pack on the pounds yet.}

I stepped on. Reluctantly.
Exhaling as she slid the 150 pound weight over.
164. 
It stopped.
{You mean... I am not 170 yet?!}

Well... long live the snackapotamus! 

Because apparently, snacking all day every day like I was on some fancy cruise ship for the last two weeks... does NOT mean I will gain five pounds a week like you hear people complaining about after they get back from said vacation. 


My faves of recent have been: whole salted cashews, apples from the fridge, cereal, frozen grapes, or pineapple, guacamole and tortilla chips, pretzels, candy in the form of little orange peanut shapes that most people can't even smell without wanting to yak, yogurt, chocolate with toffee {so weird because I hate toffee}...

Anyways, I hopped off that scale, bare feet and all, and went to the exam room.
It was all routine from there.

Ten minute interview to talk about my heartburn, and how it is bad, but I power through it. Using Tums last night for the first time this pregnancy, because I was certain fire was going to come out of my nose or mouth at any given moment if I didn't.
You see, I made lasagna with organic noodles, ricotta, mozz, a garden variety jarred sauce, and grass fed beef. It was amazing. 
And, honestly, I was ready to bear that cross for consuming it. Until the cross came in the light of reflux I could taste for hours. Chomping ice as quickly as possible before bed, to try and alleviate it. 
Before scavenging the cabinet in the kitchen for a half empty bottle of TUMS from last pregnancy.
But, me being me... I still refused a scrip for any medications to treat it.
I know that tomato/vinegar/acid based foods will burn a hole in my chest nearly all day {or night} if consumed. 
So for the most part, I steer clear. 
Only once in a while do I give in and drink that glass of lemonade or OJ, or have the spaghetti. 
Funny thing about my heartburn is, I can eat buffalo style wings and not have as bad of heartburn, as if I have a sip of lemonade.

Next topic: veins, and how they are bulbous and very blue and running a very large map all over my body. They say pregnany women have 30-50% more blood while pregnant.
I'm pretty sure mine is closer to 75%.
Seriously.

But you know what, I still wear dresses. And shorts.
No one seems to be bothered by my leg map system... yet.

We got a heartbeat on the doppler. And found out Nash is head DOWN again!
Prayers have been answered.
I will not have to add anxiety to the last couple weeks of this pregnancy, wondering if a c section is a must because I have a breech baby that refuses to turn.

So.
As if this short story isn't enough of an update, here are the most recent stats:

Weeks: 33
Gender: BOY!
Aversions: Acidic foods. As described above.
Cravings: Ice!!! I wake up at 2-3am most mornings and can't go back to sleep for at least an hour for uncomfortability reasons such as hot, itchy feet, restless legs, ect. And I alleviate it by walking around the living room and den, eating {chomping} ice from the freezer. My Sweet got up the other night, and crept into the kitchen as I was digging some from the ice maker, he peered into the doorway and said, "I thought I heard a little rat out here..." It made me laugh so hard, because I could just imagine what I sounded like to him. 
Heartburn: Of course! It has been the majority of this pregnancy. I live it.
Feeling Baby Move: Yep! And I am certain I felt him "flip" earlier this week {one of those early morning wake ups when I was just laying there wide eyed}. And then, I had a hunch he was down later that week, because he had hiccups really bad the other night and it felt like he had a tick. Crazy. And they lasted a good ten minutes.
Weight: 163 {because I assimilate the remaining clothing I kept on to be a pound}
Gain: 33 pounds thus far!
Name: Still Nash Ryan. We continue to pray for him by name and talk about him frequently. Nevaly at this point is most excited about Nashy {as she calls him} coming in the next month and a half. Hugging my belly often. And saying she loves him too much. {Melt my heart!}

And, finally, a belly pic:


Next appointment in two weeks!






No comments:

Post a Comment