Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

For the love of...

Valentine's Day!

Here is to all the people in my life that mean so very much to me.
I appreciate each one of you for different reasons.


Nolan.
 I love you.
I love your smile.
Your big sweet brown eyes. And full dark lashes.
I love the five or six freckles that dot your nose.
And your huge stinky feet.
Your split teeth.
I love that you are my superhero. Everyday.
And that you like to wrestle. But always make us on the same team.
I love that you give me kisses before bed, with a tight hug around my neck.
I love to read with you. And help you brush your teeth.
Say your prayers.
I love that you love Jesus. And talk about Him like he is sitting in the same room.
Cook you dinner, and even fight with you about what we are having.
I love that you eat your no thank you bites of vegetables.
Your energy makes me wild with tiredness, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Late to bed, early to rise.

I love that you are smart.
That we play a daily game of Chutes and Ladders, or Hungry Hungry Hippos... and that you almost always win. No kidding. By default, the spinner just makes you climb the ladders while I get all the chutes.
I love that you love to doodle on paper with markers.
Your favorite color is blue.
I love that you like to teach Nevaly. And that you share everything with her. 
Even your special treats from school. Saving her a bite. Or giving her a piece if you have more than one.

I love that you change your girlfriend every other week at school. And that you call your guy friends your best boys. Just like you call your dad. 
I love that you love your baby sister. And that you gave Nadie the nickname Zooey or Joey. 
Squealing when you see her in the morning.

I love that your very best Friday night is staying home to do a movie theater and fall asleep on the couch.
And that you have a fond love of sunsets. Already.
I love that you love me. Unconditionally.
And, I hope that you always will.



Nevaly.
I love you.
You delight me.
Your angelic face.
Those eyes.
I love that you are this dainty little tea cup lady princess.
That you wake up in the morning and bump heavily down the stairs.
That you eat like a vegetarian bird most days. Flocking the kitchen for apples, strawberries, oranges, carrots, celery with peanut butter, or the occasional lunch meat slice.
I love your girly style. Twirly skirts. Frilly bows. Baubles. Painted nails.
And that you are a daddy's girl.
I love your enthusiasm when we make a cake, or cookies or pizza together.
Maybe you will be a baker one day, like we often talk about while driving in the car.
Ballerina. Doctor. Dentist. Princess. Fireman. Now a Baker. Of cakes. In recent days.  
I love that you have crazy hair.
All the time.
It's just who you are. Wild. Untamed. Beautiful.
I love that you love to read books.
Often sneaking out of bed at night to get a new one to rummage through the pages.
I love that you repeat the prayer at night.
And that you like to brush your teeth. Willingly.
I love to let you soak in the tub.
And pour water cup upon water cup until you are a prune.
I love to do fishy kisses with you.
And tickle your nose with mine.
Then do pillow hugs, where I lift you so high in the air with the pillow and let you flop back onto the bed at night. 
Your giggle could set a pack of hyenas on fire.
It is contagious. And adorable.
I love that you love me. Unconditionally.
And I hope that you always will.


Nadelyn.
I love you.
I love your big fluffy hair.
And your blue green eyes.
Your smile is the best split tooth smile anyone could ever wish to see.
It is adorable.
I love that you have to eat. A lot.
Because for me, it means you are growing. 
Even if it is in the middle of the night. Or before the sun gets up in the morning.
I love that you like to be tickled. 
And that you giggle randomly if you hear other people laughing.
I love that I have to come looking for you now.
Because for me, it means you are developing just as you should be.
Climbing the stairs on your own.
And sliding down on your belly like you are two years old already! 
I love that you will just lay on the floor sometimes.
In the kitchen.
In the bathroom.
In my room.
Just rolling around or putting your tiny little feet on my walls.
I love that you love bananas.
They make you smile when I ask if you want one.
And cookies. Or Cheddar Bunnies snack crackers.

I love that you say 'thank you'.
        
And that you will will drink from a straw, but refuse a sippy cup.
And that you like to lick the dishwasher utensils. Clean or dirty.
I love your language.
Your special words and meanings for your words. Even your whining when I don't understand.
I love that you think your daddy is the greatest thing. That you get excited when you see him.
I love that you love baths. But that you will take a shower when we have no time for a bath.
I love your skin. With it's speckled egg spots already appearing.
I love that you give kisses.
I love that you love me. Unconditionally.  
Even if it means right now, that I don't even get to pee without you in the same square footage as me.
And I hope, that you will always will.
{Love me. Not go pee with me. Just for clarification}


 
My Sweet. 
My One, True Valentine.
I love you.
Every day.
I love your sparkly blue green eyes.
Your dark hair.
Your broad shoulders.
And your biscuits.
{Just sayin}
I love your wit.
That you can come up with things off the cuff, of even your shirt at times.
And that you are funny.
I love your enthusiasm for our family.
That we are your priority. We feel it. We see it. We hear it.
I love your hard work.
Every little thing.
At work and at home.

I love that you compliment me.
All the time.
Even when you probably shouldn't. Like in the morning. Or when I don't shower for two days because my skin is so dry from the winter air, but my hair is so oily.
I love that you don't complain too much if the pile of clothes in our room is taking over and you are down to your last pair of clean unders for the week. And it's only Wednesday.
You still have the ability to tell me how good dinner was. Or that you think I am doing a great job with the kids. Or that you are happy I got to make some new hair bows for my little shop on Etsy.
I love that you have a special bond with each of the babies. 
And I am so happy to be giving you another boy.
I have everything I have ever wanted and more.
Because of you.
I love that you have a heart that is on fire for God.
Before anything else.
And that you are into doing whatever it takes to be the best you can be.

I love that you can grill anything. To perfection.
And that we sneak yummy snacks after the kids go to bed. 
  
I love that you love me. 
Unconditionally.
Passionately.
Willingly.
Thoughtfully.   
And, I hope, that you always will.

Happy Valentine's Day!
 To
My little family.
My big family.
And all my friends out there.

Love and kisses,
   
 

    
   

      
  
   


No comments:

Post a Comment