Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Two Year Old Pumpkin

It is amazing, and sad really, how fast our world turns.
Like many mothers, I can recollect both of my children's births... like they happened yesterday.
Each one down to the nitty gritty details.

Going day to day.
Pedaling through our routines and patterns like we do.
Makes me forget sometimes, just how very fast...
they are growing up.

This month alone, we become the proud parents of a two year old pumpkin!
Who I am delighted to spend my whole day with. Everyday.

She has brought such whimsy and laughter into our little world.

She has been known to sing the sweetest version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. In the car. At the dinner table. Or after I tuck her into bed.

She can create the largest birds nest in her {blonde?!} hair after a nap or an evening of sleep. And then refuse to let me brush it out even if I use detangler.
 She loves putting on shoes. Even if they are not hers.
She is completely obsessed with stickers. So much so, that we felt compelled to buy her entire books for this years birthday.
She loves brushing her teeth. By herself.
She plays Batman with her brother. As Batman too.




Loves her grandparents. All of them. And will include each one individually in our prayers at night.
Will giggle uncontrollably if you tickle her neck or armpits.
Likes wearing "jewelry" and getting gussied up in tutus. Or a horse costume.


Loves to play outside. And would swing for hours if allowed.
Will often climb behind the wheel to drive her brothers oversized power wheel even though she can barely see over the dash, and doesn't know how to turn it.
Rarely takes baths. Not because she doesn't like them, she has just always taken a shower.
Loves listening to music. And will tell you if she doesn't like a song on the radio.


Loves to watch me make things in the kitchen. And will often request to "help"... by tasting my creation.
Enjoys coloring. On everything.
Sleeps sideways in our bed. Every night.
Will count to three. And knows a variety of her colors.
Says she is going to the grocery or Hobby Lobby, as she waves "bye" from the front door.
Likes to help water the plants, just to get a drink from the hose.
Will share her treat, but will remind you to take only a tiny bite.


Has only twelve of her teeth so far. But will make the prettiest "cheese" for pictures if you ask her.


Has riden on an airplane.
Seen the ocean.
Swam in a pool and a lake.
Traveled to Florida and Michigan. And soon to Ohio.


She loves to eat. And will often be the first and the last person to the table. You know she has had a good meal when it is splattered all over her face or clothes.
Prefers cheese and yogurt. Any kind of fruit. Pizza. Noodles. Peanut butter sandwiches. And rainbow sherbet over any kind of ice cream.
Loves her babies. But sleeps with a bunny.
She loves to read books. And can often be found up in the closet with a pile of books scattered around her.

Loves to tease her daddy by beating him up one minute, and then giving him lip kisses the next. And will fall asleep in the crook of his armpit or the curve of his spine.


Her brother... is her best friend.
Loves animals.
Sings her ABC's closer to the tune of "E.I.E.I.E.I.O.A.E."...
Likes to watch Dora and Spongebob. And will sing the wonder pets "the phone is ringing!" randomly around the house.
Will fall asleep in the car, even if she is eating something.
Will hold a worm.
Loves Jesus. And will say her mealtime prayer by folding her hands and adding the 'Amen' as we conclude.

She can throw me into a belly laugh, by just being herself.

She is amazing.
And beautiful.
And I am beyond grateful to have her in my life.

I delight in your ways, my sweet girl.
Happy 2nd Birthday!

Love, Momma










1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I love reading your blogs. They are the best things to read. You are both such great parents and I'm so happy for you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete