Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oh Sugar! I'm 28 weeks!


Pregnancy #3.
Progressing along at a rather steady pace now.

And reporting in at a whopping 28 weeks!



The good:

Feeling the baby move. Like crazy. Every night. And sporadically throughout the day.

Realizing the reason I look so wide this time around is because the baby is actually in a side lying or transverse position. Whew! That's a sigh of relief... pfft!

Going through all the girly websites thinking about having two girls to buy for. This would definately be on the bad side for the Hub...

Being energized enough to maintain a clean house. Even the laundry!
And finding time to cook some homestyle meals too.


Paying only shipping for a {very easily could have made it myself} fabric sling that retails for $48!



The not so good:

Having regular bouts of heartburn.
Suffering from sleepless nights.
Due to an inability to find a comfortable position, and being woke up in the middle of the night by an olympic swimmer doing relays... for hours.

Suffering from instant grouchiness after trying to put on shoes from any position.
Feeling breathless if I lay on my back. If even for just a minute or two.


Snug fitting shirts.
Tight pants.
{Feeling gracious for  s t r e t c h y  cotton these days.}

Realizing that when I smile, my eyes are disappearing in pictures, because there is so much water weight {already?!} in my face that my cheeks are big enough to make them go away.
 
Not to mention the fact that I feel like the Hub looks at me like MotoMoto in Madagascar, although he won't say it.
His eyes... "oh you big! you chunkayyyy!!!"
His mouth... "you're the most beautiful pregnant momma... ever?"




Getting on the scale last week at the doctor and realizing I only have 8 pounds before I hit my total weight gain for both previous pregnancies... with more than 3 months to continue growing.
{Hope no one minds... because next time I am checking in naked.}



Consuming sugar and sweets like it is a major food group.
I am already excited about stealing the kids trick or treating goodies next week.
Oh sugar!
{I call dibs on ALL the Butterfinger!! Seriously.}


And then of course, the whole name game we play every night.
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Oh.
The joy.
The ride.
The stories I will tell.


2 comments:

  1. I love all your blogs Martha. I always read them. Love you very much. Grammie

    ReplyDelete