Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

To be, or not to be... an N

So.
I've been thinking.
And droehming.
{again}

Of baby names!

I liked Henley.
Mallory. {meaning was bad omen/luckless... no thank you}
Finley.
And, Hazel.

But nothing seemed right. Between the two of us.
There was no "ooooooh, ahhhhhhh" feeling that was mutual.
And a definite "yes! that's it!" was never agreed upon.

So now I am back to picking a name that follows suit.
Yes.
{I know}
The dreaded N.

Where do I even begin.
I loathe all the typical N names for girls.
Which leaves little room for anything but foreign sounding names on the list.

So what is a mother to do?
Because I for one...
have literally been lying awake at night putting syllables and letters together in my head.

 To come up with these.
{in no particular order}

Navina
Noryava
Nyra
Nivian
Nitzel

I mean it is just a name.
Something that will stand for the person they will be called for
the rest.of.their.life.
No pressure.


Right?



2 comments:

  1. hmmm. naming a kid is hard work. I still have regrets over Mack's name and I think it is because I had given myself way too many options and I probably was never going to be 100% happy with any of them. Have you checked out nameberry.com - they have really good message boards and I am sure some people might be able to help you out. I can kind of see Noryava as a name - maybe hyphenated or just separate like Nory-Ava or Nori Ava. The other ones sound kind of ethnic to me. A friend has a niece named Navy which I think is super cute. Maybe just find an N word name so it is recognizable .... i can't think of any so maybe that isn't a good idea. but check out nameberry if you already haven't they should be able to give you s0me new suggestions maybe that you haven't considered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been most difficult this time around. I will have to check out nameberry.com and see what they have to say! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete