Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Shudder Me Timbers!

Finally.
We have a little curb appeal.
And it only took three months, four days, seven hours and twenty three minutes.
{might be slightly exaggerated}
But seriously.
I think we bought the cedar to make these rustic, cordovan brown stained side boards back in May.

For some reason last week, the hub came home and ate dinner as usual.
Then went out to the garage instead of sitting down to relax in front of the TV or wrestling the kids before bed.

And soon after I heard the circular saw...
so I threw open the door to the garage and had a peek at the noise.
There was a big cloud of saw dust.
Then I saw them.
The boards I had stained/painted almost three months prior.
Being sliced and diced.
I was convinced he was cutting them to a size that would fit into the garbage bin to be hauled away that Wednesday.
Since he had complained of their existence in the driveway for the last two months alone.
But then I noticed he was using a tape measure as his handy assistant, Nolan would drag another piece into the garage to be cut.

They were making my shudders!

I was going for a rustic, board and batton look for the front of our house...
and that is exactly what I got.
The hubs did such a good job of precisely measuring each piece.
Cutting them.
Screwing them together.
And then hanging them up.


Shudder me timbers!


As the sun was setting... we were still hanging.

 The next day with all of the shudders hung.

Next on the to do list {for the exterior}... paint the front door.
I strongly dislike the streaking red paint the previous owners so lovely left us with.
I am thinking a shade of green.
Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment