Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

R is for {W}Reath...

Just another little item I crossed off my list this past week.

This wreath has been a spring project that I finally finished Friday evening.
Perfect timing since summer is now ending and we are rushing into fall, right?!

Anyhow.
I started with a straw wreath that I wrapped in yarn.
{any color and size will do}

Next, I painted a monogram letter.
It was pretty easy to pick an R since it was a {w}Reath... and happened to be the first letter of our last name.
Then I sprinkled the ends with black glitter to add a little visual interest and contrast.

Then it was onto making these flowers. Which all happen to be made of felt.
{Mmmm. I heart felt.}

I cut. I glued. I sewed buttons in the center of some.
Then it was just time to arrange.
And find the time to arrange some more.

Then I hung it proudly on the front door. That needs painted.
And I love it.

Presenting, our welcome mat.
In the form of a circle with flowers.



Don't look at the door. Just focus on the wreath...


A closer look at some of the felt flowers.




No comments:

Post a Comment