Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

#4 Attend a Country Concert!!

Giddy up!

Another 30 Before 30 has done bit the dust.
The dust of a cowboy boot!

That's right. I, along with my date {the Hubs} attended my very first country concert!
I kept it a secret from him until the day before because I wasn't sure if
1} he would be overly thrilled about going to something he doesn't really dig.
And, 2} because it was a Secret Date Night courtesy of my momma, who planned to stay over until 11pm to watch our rugrats.
{Thanks again, Ma.}

The concert started at 7pm.
Opening acts were Uncle Kracker and Billy Currington.
We missed both.
I had just gotten a new real estate client on Wednesday and ended up making an offer with them Friday night. {got to go where the money is}
So we ended up at the Coliseum at 9:30pm after deciding that I really wanted to just hear a couple songs... since I had already bought tickets.
Mind you, I nor the Hubs had eaten since around 11:30am. I was beyond starving. And, I know he was too.
But he gracefully said he would go to the concert anyhow, because he heard I was listening to my Chesney CD in the car on the way from the office. {we drove seperately}

Kenny had only been on stage for about 25 minutes when we got to our seats. And I had been getting text updates from his sister that my fave song "Somewhere With You" hadn't been sung yet.
So I was hopeful that in the hour we had before we had to leave to be home by our curfew {remember our sitter til 11pm} that he would serenade me. And the 500,000 other peeps in attendance.
Just as we were looking at each other {and our watches} the opening to my song began to unfold.
Butterflies emerged.

It was like Kenny knew we had to leave.
Even if he didn't, he was going to send us off with my song.
I listened patiently on every verse.  
And, I sang along. Loudly.
And I'm sure very out of tune... even for country.

 

All in all... great little slice of the concert was had.
I was happy I only spent $50 on my tickets since it worked out the way it did.
And that I was able to share that little evening with my love.
 
I hope to do it again sometime soon.
Country concert or the secret date night. {wink}




No comments:

Post a Comment