Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

No pictures please. This is going to be UGLY.

We ventured to the grocery today.
It was sunny when we went in, and raining when we came out. Sprinkled the bags with rain since I drove the truck. Lucky me. Or stupid me, however you prefer to look at it.

It usually takes me an hour and a half if I bring the kids.
{shopping by myself almost never happens}
Today was no different.
Except I have been trying to use coupons to get the most for my money.
So we also spent a good hour at my office as I scoured the internet for printables.

We went to Meijer.
I love their produce, and I pretty much know where everything is in the store. It's a good fit. Plus they have digital coupons and Meijer specific coupons which is always nice to be able to stack with.
I think I should also mention that I loathe Walmart.
I would eat my own arm before I shopped at the SUPERCENTER.
I hate everything about it.
Everything.

Anyhow, we strolled the aisles today with much ease.
The kids for the most part cooperated while I grabbed items from the shelves.
Nolan enjoyed running as fast as possible to the end of the aisle if there were only a couple people no one was down it.
And Nev, well she took off her flip flops and was dangling her naked piggies from the cart while she bit into the Organic Golden Delicious apple I gave her as a snack.

I wasn't hungry when we went {which is usually the culprit} but somehow my cart ended up with some junk.

I bought Lofthouse sugar cookies {they were 2/$5 and pink with sprinkles}. They are still unopened on the counter in the kitchen. I did not sneak one on the way home like I thought about.
Smuckers sundae sauces that were 3/$5 {and Edy's ice cream that was NOT on sale}.
Graham crackers {$2}, Hershey's chocolate {4/$10} and giant marshmallows for smores over the coming Memorial Day weekend.
Betty Crocker bribes fruit snacks for the kids {5/$10}. I did not buy ten.
Oh and even some Red white and blue popsicle!
{Did I really just spill all that?!}

I also bought a ton of produce.
A Seedless Watermelon. Pictures to post as Nev and I sit on the back porch over the weekend.
Bing cherries. A summertime staple for me.
Strawberries. And rhubarb! I see a pie in the future! As if we didn't have enough sweeties.
Sweet corn. {6/$1 this week!!!}
Blueberries. {2/$5 for a pint}
Tomatoes. Campari. The hubs fave for dicing, salting and eating.
Broccoli. And veggie ranch dip.
And some frozen Steamers veggies {colorful blends}

Cheese. The laughing cow brand wedges. And some block Kraft colby and cheddar.
Wheat Thins. {3/$5}
Eggs.
Milk.
Bread.
Sour cream.
100% Juices. And some Sparkling Juice because I had a coupon.
You know the usual items.

Do you ever feel guilty for giving into temptations like the above mentioned at the grocery?
I usually don't.
But I kind of felt like as I was unloading it on the counter... that I was setting my kids up for a sugar high in the very near future. 
Oh, and of course myself. Because I am as much of a sugar troll as they are. And lets not forget the hub.

I honestly don't buy them often. Actually it's more like never.

{Which is I suppose the reason for the remorse now.}
But let me just say that I am may not be fathoming/concocting a sundae with neapolitan ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, marshmallow, graham crackers, and crumbled lofthouse sugar cookies for dessert tonight!

Let the animals feast.


No comments:

Post a Comment