Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Three Year Old Overnight...

We are now the proud parents of a three year old boy!
{and NO we did not adopt}


Our dear son turned three as of Monday, May 2 at 11:21pm!
Some things I would like to remember about 2 are as follows:
Turkey, cheese and Miracle Whip have become staples in this house. Often as a request for breakfast.
He fights naps. And requests to stay up late.
He can "do it himself"! Until he can't. Then he will ask for help.
He was potty trained in roughly 5 days.
And we broke the pokey habit by finally just throwing it away one day.
He can talk for hours. Sometimes so much that we have to ask for some quiet time.
He sleeps in our room. Every night.
After I fluff his blanket and say his prayers. And sometimes read a book. For the 7th time in a row.
He gives lip kisses. And bear hugs.
He jumps from three stairs up so I can "catch" him. Or off the end of our bed.



He likes to play games. That require tokens.
He adores candy.
And watching cartoons.
His favorite color is green. And his favorite movie for almost six months was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Now it's Cars.
He takes a shower sans soap most times because he uses it to wash his cars instead.
He enjoys rolling in mud. And splashing in freezing cold water. Whenever the opportunity presents itself.




He is momma's helper in the kitchen. The garden. And, when I am getting a load of laundry together.
His jeans have a hole in the same knee in nearly every pair.
He wishes he could be Lightning McQueen.
He likes to {foot} race just so he can "win the Piston Cup".
He has two battery operated cars for which he calls "Stachio's". And rides them until the battery is so dead I have to push him back into the garage.
And an "E-hore" {Eeyore} that he sleeps with every night.
He loves his sissy. And will tell her almost everyday.


He likes to tell the shapes of signs as we drive down the highway.
He works at Lowes. And will tell you, if you ask.
He puts his shoes on the wrong feet. Everytime.
He likes to hear "boy songs" {country} when we are driving in the car.
He will laugh uncontrollably at funny words, or if he hears someone toot.
He likes to go swimming. And will attempt to go under all by himself.
He will do random sand angels if he has enough room in a sandbox or playground.


He adores his Memaw. And will often say he is going to stay at her house.
He has an imaginary babysitter named Mrs Brown. That he has never met. And is deathly afraid of being dropped off at her house.
Likes to make mad faces for the camera.



Has an infectious smile. And giggle.
He calls his cousins his friends.
He thinks I am made of money. And therefore, is constantly asking for something to buy.
He likes to go grocery shopping. With his own cart.
He has riden on an airplane. Lived to tell about it. And absolutely loved it.
Has seen the ocean. And swam in it.
Let's me cut his hair. But refuses to let me finish it if I take longer than five minutes. So ends up as a two day process. With a treat. Both times.
He aspires to be just like his dad.
He loves baseball. But has never played a game.
Prefers that I make dinner at Taco Bell or Arby's.
Sleeps with his mouth open when he is in a really deep sleep.


Says he is going to call Santa when I do something he doesn't like.
Likes to do "airplane" by sitting on my feet and being stretched high into the air with my legs. Until I can't move them anymore.
Wants to be a doctor. Or Spiderman.
He asks me to sing "You Are My Sunshine" for him every other week. Then teases me by saying he has taken "my sunshine away". Giggling as I pretend to cry. Then gives it back. Then takes it away again.
He is rowdy. Rambuncious. And full of life.
He loves Jesus.
He sleeps until 7:45am most mornings. And wakes up by jumping out of bed. Literally.
He is amazing.
A blessing.
And someone I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with everyday.


I love you more everyday, Nolan.
And look forward to the many adventures, challenges and memories your third year has in store!
Happy Birthday!

Love, Mom


1 comment:

  1. He is an adorable great grandson and I love him so very much. Gr. Grandma Sweetie Pie

    ReplyDelete