Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

FUNfetti! You DEVIL...

We have fallen off the organic wagon this week.
Fallen. Off. The. Wagon. People!

I bought our usual grocery list which is 90% organic.
Some things like sausage and bacon are not organic but it is Msg and Nitrate free.

Anyways.
I hit the ground hard when we ventured down the baking aisle.
For some ungodly reason I started looking through the chemical cake mixes.
{they were on sale}
And Nev, who was my shopping buddy while Nolan was in school this week, got big eyes as I slowly put it back on the shelf.
"Can we get it?!" she exclaimed.
"No." I returned. Starting to push the cart down the aisle.
"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, momma?" she proceeded, now clutching the box.

I stopped.
Looked at her big {beautiful} brown eyes, and little grin.
"Okay." I replied, "What kind of chemicals frosting do you want?"

We settled on the box of vanilla funfetti mix with blue funfetti "happy birthday" frosting in the plastic can.
And, we went home. That very night we made them after dinner.
{which happened to be 100% organic chicken broccoli alfredo, everyone's favorite!}
They baked up perfectly. They were soft. And moist.
And everyone got to eat one before bed.
We made mini's too, so we gave the kids the littles, while I indulged in a full size.

I cannot lie.
I just can't.
I absolutely hate that I love funfetti crapcakes.
I have gone so far as to sneak mini cupcakes when no one is looking this week.
And have even dipped pretzels in the disgustingly delicious blue frosting out of that plastic can.
By the handful.

I am ashamed.

A positive to this horror, is that I have fulfilled a craving and will not be purchasing said frosting and cake mix again any time soon.

Okay.
I think that is it for my Friday confessional.

By the way, we ended up tossing the frosting yesterday and gave the cakes to our dog, Samson.
His "birthday" was yesterday anyway.
He is 13.
13.

I have been with My Sweet for 14 years this December.
We literally got that dog at the beginning of our relationship.
Time flies when you are having fun.
Fun.

Funfetti.


{oh here we go again}



 


No comments:

Post a Comment