Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Organic Chicken Fried Rice Recipe

I love Pinterest.
For a variety of reasons.
But mostly because I have this digital recipe box that I can save files to as necessary. And then reference them when I need to recreate things {or meals in this case, just like the one I made last night}.

{Organic- by my choice} Chicken Fried Rice.
It was easy, and really good.
Which puts it at the top of my list of faves.
And thankfully, my kids list too. Minus the peas, please.

Anyways, here is what I did different than the recipe I pinned. Since I didn't have the time for slow cooker teriyaki chicken, and I didn't have sesame oil on hand.

Ingredients:
For the rice:
2 cups Organic brown rice
5 cups water
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt, optional
1 Tablespoon Organic Chicken Broth

Boil the water and salt. Add the rice and olive oil. Simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
Put in a bowl. Drizzle the chicken broth over the rice. Set aside.

1/2 cup Organic peas, frozen
1/2 cup Organic carrots, frozen
1 medium Organic onion, diced
1 large Organic garlic clove, minced
2 Organic boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 Organic brown egg
3T Organic butter
1/4 Cup Organic Chicken Broth
1 Tablespoon Organic Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Organic Soy Sauce
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste

On medium heat, saute' the peas, carrots, onion, garlic and chicken with the butter and salt and pepper. Before the chicken is fully cooked, add the chicken broth and 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce. Let the mixture simmer in the broth for 8-10 minutes and then drain any remaining liquid from the pan. Saute' the mixture on medium to high heat, letting the chicken and veggies brown a little. Scraping the goodness from the bottom of the pan with a metal spatula. Next, crack the egg over the pan seared mix and stir it in to cook it. Remove from heat. Add the rice from earlier and stir it all together. Pour the remaining 1/4 cup of soy sauce over top and give a final stir. Serves 4-6 people.



And, if you are like my house, there will probably be leftovers, which are great the next day... cold. YUM!

If you make it my way, let me know what you think! Or you can link up to the original recipe from Pinterest here






No comments:

Post a Comment