Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

You know it's been a while...



When you have a scheduled "date night", and you are wracking your brain for ideas of what to do.
Dinner is expected. 
I suppose.
But then what?
{Especially when you have a set block of time to do something in}

When we were dating it wasn't this hard.
We would just frolic along and do things without trying.

It was almost as if we were on a first date last night.
Didn't know what to say. Or even go do.
Like we were trying too hard to figure the other person out.
Instead of just being. And going. And doing.

I get it.
Kids have the ability to change you.
And then they just kind of take over. Every. Aspect. Of. Your. Life.
And rightfully so.

Your interests change. Your day to day routine changes.
Your sleep changes. Your adult time changes.
It all changes.


It is just who we are now. A unit.


So it is no wonder then, that when the opportunity presents, and my Sweet and I get a little one on one time to do whatever we want... we are left with blank responses.

I don't think it is okay to pay someone to watch your children, just so you can go out and go to the grocery store by yourselves... so we went to Marshalls instead. 
To walk around. 
And make fun of weird kitchen gadgets.
And scoff at the price of a French made cast iron pot. {139.99!!!} While a Cuisinart right next to it was 69.99.
And daydream about redoing the house decor.
And laugh at the thought of my Sweet wearing red pants at work. {I actually wanted him to buy them, but he refused}

Oh and we went to dinner too. 
Trolley Bar. One of our faves of long ago.
And had delicious walleye fingers {with jalapeno tartar!! YUM!}and a filet topped with mushrooms in a marsala sauce. It was also very good. 
And then my Sweet had a Hopslam.
Holy goodness, Batman.
Those are real good.
 


So anyways, I am thinking I should probably look into those pins I have on my Husband board on Pinterest with the comments: date night ideas.
Since apparently it has been long enough to forget what they are. {Oops!}




No comments:

Post a Comment