Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The beginning... a very good place to start!

2013.

It's another new year!
Blessed beyond measure in 2012,
 I am wondering exactly what I will be saying at the end of 2013.

I honestly believe the WORLD as a whole is crumbling.
 
 
Death
Destruction
Murder
Rape
Pillaging
Robbery
GMO's
Radical Weather Patterns
Deceit, Lies
ABORTION
Famine
Disease
Cancer
Nuclear Warfare at the hands of Criminal Minds
Country against Country
Religion Gone from Schools/Public Buildings
Rage
Overloaded Pharmaceutical Society
Legalized marijuana

I can go on and on...
It's just terrible out there.

This country is not the only reason why we need our Savior's return to be imminent.
But, at this point, it's still a pretty good one.
 
{I have probably sat and read way too many articles today to be sane still... which is the reason for the rant post, I presume... but oh well!}
 
Anyways, I have been dreaming up grandiose ideas while stripping our house of all the Christmas decorations today.
Dreams of an organic homestead, a chicken farm. With a beautiful flock of fifty ladies in the spring!
Making my own soap.
Homeschooling my kids.
Growing and canning heirloom vegetables.
Buying only organic.
Making my own cleaning products.
Eliminating gluten, dairy, rice, corn, sugar and fast food from our diet.
Using cloth diapers...
 

2013.
It is just the beginning.
But, I think it is a very good place to start {something new}.

We still plan to have as much fun as possible.
We are not building bomb shelters, we don't belong to any new group or church and we aren't drinking strange Jesus juice, we are simply changing the things we put in and on our body.
Nothing outward will really change.
Actually we will probably present with more energy and look more alive!
But I know our bodies in particular are going to thank us for these changes.
Something I think everyone should really consider.
 
I know that eliminating some items such as Doritos are going to be deadly for me. I actually made the Hub go and buy me some last week before we got the plague, because I had such a craving for their disgusting cheesy orange triangular crunch. 
But honestly, if there is anything, it will be candy.
I read that sugar beets and sugar cane are on the list to be planted as a GMO this year. YUCK.

I can get used to organic sweeties like cookies, cake ect... because I have had them before.
But, hey, maybe the less you have something, the less you will think about it, and eventually even want it.
That is the hope anyhow.

Transition starting.
Purging our cabinets of food. Donating it to the Seminary this weekend!

And in related news... we are all starving!! Just kidding. 
But seriously, I'll keep you posted on the transition.
We buy a lot of fruit and veggies organic right now.
Natural meats and cheeses.
But most of our snacking items include the processed boxed/bagged variety. So that is going to be hard.
I am just going to have to try new organic varieties.
Anyways, I blogged this because I want to be accountable for it. 
I want to change it. 
Now.


Off to finish sweeping the house of fake pine needles from dragging the tree back downstairs into the basement today!



P.S. So looking forward to getting some of these gals soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment