Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

As green as your garden grows

Crazy spring weather.
We literally went from weeks straight of torrential rain with loud thunderous claps, lightnening, and high winds to dry, humid hot jungle weather around here.
And my garden and trees have no idea what to think of it.
{much less the kids or myself for that matter}

We already had to return eleven of the fruit trees to Lowes last week because they just couldn't take the heat {or the rain}. The others were internet purchases, so I have to wait to decide if I am mailing them back...
The 18" 10" grass finally got a fresh cutting, and we have been meticulously checking the garden for any growth.
I have yet to see much of a change there.
I am thinking the seeds got washed away in the small flood that was our backyard a couple weeks ago. When Nolan took the liberty of running through the stream at the very back of the yard at 8:30pm.
But...we do have strawberries and blueberries emerging. With still no sign of  raspberries. They were sent as 3 year old sticks back in March and they remain as sticks.
And I had corn popping up in rows... until I detassled them because I thought that was what I had read on the seed package. {Yeah, I know. But I'm a first time gardener. Give me a break.} I am going to replant some this week. Maybe.

All in all, our huge droehm of having a bountiful harvest is dying a quick death.
I think we might be better off digging a big pond or putting in a pool at this point.
I know the kids would LOVE it! And, I mean all four of us kids :)

Until the green begins to show...



No comments:

Post a Comment