Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Christmas is officially over...

Yup. The Christmas lights are down!
{insert clapping... or gagging as you feel fit}

The three strands of LED lights that adorned our roofline have been wrapped neatly on their spool and put back into the Christmas box as of April the 10th, 2011. Although we have yet to put the box into the attic, they are at least out of sight as far as the neighbors go.
{we realized it was probably necessary since they just put their house on the market}

I also kind of realized, as I climbed up the extension ladder and tried getting some grip in my Addidas shoes on the very gritty/grainy/slippery surface that was the roof, that maybe it wasn't a good idea to nudge the hubby to decorate our house like a gingerbread last year.

I remember him telling me back in November that it was a lot steeper than even he thought, but I really had no idea how steep the roof was until I crept up the ladder and took that first step on it myself.
I instantly got that weak in the knees feeling like I was going to have some major ass rash from sliding to my death off this thing if I made one wrong move.
My perspiring hands tried to grip anything that felt sturdy.
My feet felt heavy.
{my shoes were caked with mud from putting raspberries and blueberries in the ground earlier} 
I carefully undid four light clips.
Then the hub saw I had gotten up there.
And I got down.
I decided to let him finish pulling the lights off from the ground. {so wise, isn't he?} 


Couple things were learned today:

1. We might be white trash.

2. I do not have any reason to ever get on our roof ever again.

3. The Christmas lights may or may not be necessary for next year.

4. My hub is a macho man.
5. We can now officially welcome spring!


Thinking some board and batten shudders and flower window boxes will soon be a project I will be happy to cross off my to do list. Along with some heavy duty garage reorganizing.
Looking forward to warmer days ahead.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment