Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#29 Redo the Master Bath! Okay... just paint.

I spent most of the day today... inside. {gasp!}
I know. The sunshine is radiant. The wind is mild and warm. It is fabulous outside weather.
Until just a moment ago though we have been indoors.
Why you ask?
Because I was beyond tired of going into my bathroom everyday and seeing the half painted walls I did last year.
 They were left a lovely shade of red {something like terra cotta actually}.
They just didn't go with the rest of the house. And I was sick of seeing them. 

So I found a roller and an angled brush and told the kids to make a morning of playing with the explosion of toys that covers our basement floor.
Which quickly turned into a mid afternoon deal.

They fought. They laughed. They played. Then they had nap/quiet time so I could finish painting what I had started this time.

I didn't take a before picture. {you wouldn't have wanted to see it anyway}
But, here's the AFTER:


 Don't mind the mess!



Yeah it's pretty dull.
But it will be a nice bakdrop to the rest of my ideas.
It needs new counters and flooring. Some decor and pictures. New towels. And the brass and chrome fixtures need a coat of paint and some glazing to mellow some of the classiness they exude on a daily basis.

We would really like to tear out the huge tub we never use and make a gloriously huge walk in tile shower {you know the kind you can literally have a party in}... but I don't know if that will ever happen along with adding a window.
Big ideas.
Little time and money to actually do them all.
I guess I can't cross it off the 30 before 30 just yet, but at least I have started {and finished} something.

So that's what goes down on a Wednesday when the sun is brilliantly shining outside.
Off to bask in it's glory now.






No comments:

Post a Comment