Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

GREEN Thumb!!

I am totally into gardening this year.
Okay.
Obsessed is more like it.

I may or may not have tore out all the plants in our front bed the other weekend, just so I could redo it.
And I may or may not have already ordered fifteen new plants to put in it.
Checking my email three and four times a day since Tuesday when I ordered them from Home Depot to see if they are on their way yet.
I can't wait to see the transformation!
I will post some pics after they arrive {crossing my fingers for Monday!!} and are mulched.

I got two peony plants this year too and put them on the side and back yards.
So excited to snip those babies and put them in a jar on my kitchen table in a couple more weeks.
My fave flower. Ever.
In any color.
Even though I just got hot pink ones {that's all Lowes had}.
I would adore some peachy apricot ones someday.



My little indoor greenhouse is flourishing {okay, I may have lost almost all of my onion plants due to overwatering, but my broccoli and eggplant, habanero, and pumpkins are doing fab} too!
Which makes it easier for me to be enthusiastic about my outside garden in a couple more weeks.

Ready to till and sow my other seeds.
We built a raised bed out of cedar, and found that it was going to cost close to $900 if we built all of the boxes I originally wanted {eight}. So I said I would move it out of the garden bed outback, and just put my berry plants in it closer to the house, and then just till the garden plot we had last year.


Anyone else have a green thumb this year?









No comments:

Post a Comment