Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

She smells like breakfast...

Things at home have been pretty run of the mill this week.
{thank goodness}

Nev has pretty much got the potty thing down. Almost...
I guess I should mention that yesterday she pooped in her pants and got it out to show me. {I may or may not have had a fit as I raced her and her two handfuls of solid logs to the bathroom... yeah, I know. Cringe.}
We had a nice warm full body bath after that.
If it were okay to use bleach as body soap I might have. But instead used antibacterial body wash. Three times on those little mittens of hers. 
Had a long conversation about poop after that. And how we don't ever ever touch it.
Weird because I remember having that same conversation with Nolan {same age possibly} after he smeared his on the wall in my bedroom. That time I did use bleach. On the wall people, just the wall.



Anyhow, onto more uh... pleasant smelling updates?

Nadelyn had been suffering from some pretty bad excema, and I researched natural methods to ease the dryness it was causing.






Came up with an oatmeal bath.
2 cups that are run through a food processor {or blender in my case} to make a fine powder.
Add the fine powder to warm water.
Then add some raisins, and brown sugar, and a little milk...
Just kidding!

Just let the baby soak.
Apply the soup-y oat mixture to areas of badly dried skin.
Which happened to be those babe's poor cheeks.




Cracked me up when she accidentally rubbed her cheeks with her hand and then got that hand in her mouth.
She was making so much noise sucking!

And after the first day {I applied Jergen's Ultimate Healing lotion also} her cheeks looked 50% better.
And three days later {today} she has some dry skin still but I would say the treatment healed her skin by 90%.


And since I have made a post about each of the other two kids, I should probably talk about how Spiderman {aka Nolan} has been scaling every piece of furniture in our house from my bed, to his bunk beds, to the leather chairs in the living room, the Step 2 playhouse roof in the basement, and of course the staircase... and the doorway.





He really takes his role very seriously.
And if it's not Spiderman he is acting like, his Batman shirts are in full cycle in the washer, so that he can wear one if his Spiderman costume or shirts are dirty.

I love his imagination.
I love that he is 100% boy.
And I love that summer is coming, and we have a closet full of polo shirts, vintage tees, and shorts, that do not include a superhero on it. Yet.

Anyways, that is the most up to date.

Looking forward to a great relaxing weekend.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment